Report from Thailand
RAST will host the IARU Region 3 Conference 2021 online in September, etc.
Cancellation of RAST meeting in June 2021
There will not be a meeting of the Radio Amateur Society of Thailand under the Patronage of His Majesty the King (RAST) during the month of June 2021 due to concerns about the upsurge in COVID-19 infections in Thailand and for compliance with limitations that have been imposed on public meetings in Bangkok for the time being.
RAST hopes that all members stay safe and remain in good health and that the society will be able to host another meeting again soon after the incidence of the pandemic has subsided.
RAST will host the IARU Region 3 Conference 2021 online in September
Members of the Radio Amateur Society of Thailand under the Patronage of His Majesty the King (RAST) are invited to attend the IARU Region 3 Conference that will be hosted online on 20th-23rd September 2021 using the Zoom video conferencing application.
Information about the IARU Region 3 Conference can be found at the IARU Region 3 website https://www.iarur3conf2021.org
The Society had originally intended to host the conference in Bangkok, but due to the ongoing concerns about the COVID-19 outbreak, it has been decided to host a digital conference online instead.
This will be the first ever virtual IARU Region 3 Conference which will have a wide range of remote speakers and will be conducted under the leadership of RAST President Dr. Jack Hantongkom, HS1FVL who is also an IARU Region 3 director.
RAST will also activate a special event callsign HS18IARU between 1st July and 30th September 2021. QSL cards will be sent out to all QSOs via QSL Bureau.
RAST continues to host “RAST TALKS”, a project which started back in March 2021 where the Society invites experts in their chosen fields to give a presentation and share their knowledge and know-how with RAST members via Zoom meeting. The topics are listed below:
|24 / 05 / 2021||Mr. Sutat Prathomnupong, NECTEC Consultant on Electric Vehicle Conversion||Batteries|
|31 / 05 / 2021||Mr. Nukool Sukpol (Nuk), HS7BHK, Communication Engineer||Understanding 1G to 5G|
|07 / 06 / 2021||Mr. Kamol Nakchum (Top), E20EHQ, Commercial Pilot||Aviation communications|
|14 / 06 / 2021||LCdr. Noppadol Kalwnopparat, HS7CTU, Hydrographic Department of Royal Thai Navy||Naval communications and UAIS|
In addition, RAST is also holding a 40m Net every Saturday at 1300UTC, on 7.128MHz ±QRM using RAST club callsign, HS0AC.
RAST CW Challenge – Winner for May 2021
RAST CW Challenge continues in May 2021 with the Open Class where experienced Thai hams compete with each other to copy 40 random callsigns, and for 4 consecutive weekends. Whoever scores the highest after 4 rounds win. And the winner for May who won by a large margin is:
|May 2021||Open||25-30 WPM||Mr. Weerapat Tangkleang, E29TGW|
The Begali CW paddle key prize will be presented in-person at the next RAST meeting (currently delayed because of COVID-19).
Result from CQ WW CW Contest 2020
RAST participated in the CQ WW CW Contest 2020 under a special event callsign E2ICOM, operated by Mr. Nikorn Deesai, HS5NMF, and was awarded 1st place in Thailand under Single-Op Assisted HP All Band category. Congratulations!
Report from Thailand backnumber
- Celebrating 400th anniversary of trade relationship between Denmark & Thailand, etc.
- E2HQ RAST Headquarter 2021, etc.
- RAST will host the IARU Region 3 Conference 2021 online in September, etc.
- RAST Talks, RAST CW Challenge Results
- RAST held AGM meeting and hosted New Year Party, NARIT Astro Fest 2021
- RAST CW Challenge
- KMUTNB and RAST welcome Minister of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation & other news.
- FCC Amateur Radio License Exam, RAST Donated a Tower to Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary,Installation of 2EL Quad at E24OYI
- RAST & G. SIMON BALLOON FESTIVAL 2020 "E2ICOM"
- RAST HF-101, November RAST meeting
- NBTC and RAST presented the callsign HS10A to His Majesty the King
- RAST hosts August meeting at an open-air restaurant
US FCC Amateur Radio License Examination at KMITL, Bangkok, Thailand
- E2HQ RAST-Headquarter, Spirit of the 2020 IARU HF World Championship
Installation of E24EZ, The first DMR Repeater in Thailand
- Global COVID-19 “STAYHOME” Radio Communication Event was a great success
- E2STAYHOME, RAST COVID-19 Special Event
E21EIC inducted into CQ Amateur Radio Hall of Fame
COVID-19 RADIO COMMUNICATION EVENT
- The E21EIC Station Antenna System Improved for Competition
- RAST Annual General Meeting
April RAST meeting cancelled, YOTA event is postponed
- RAST installs IGATEs to expand the APRS network in Thailand
- First US FCC Amateur Radio License Examination in 2020
- Thailand Amateur Radio Day 2019