Report from Thailand
Celebrating 400th anniversary of trade relationship between Denmark & Thailand, etc.
The two special event callsigns to celebrate the 400th anniversary of trade relationship between DENMARK & THAILAND, OZ4ØØHS and HS4ØØOZ, hosted by Experimenterende Danske Radioamatører (EDR) and Radio Amateur Society of Thailand under the Patronage of His Majesty the King (RAST), together with The Danish-Thai Chamber of Commerce (DTCC) and Embassy of Denmark, will be active between September 1 and October 31, 2021 on all bands.
The trade relationship between DENMARK & THAILAND dated back to the earliest registered Danish visit to Siam in 1621, when a Danish ship docked at the port of Mergui in Tenasserim which at that time was part of Siam. The captain and his crew were allowed to trade and a part of the letter of agreement written by Okya Chaiyathibodi, regent of Tenasserim, which reads:
“Tenasserim has given foreign traders permission to buy and sell goods as well as to carry out commercial activities here. The city also allows travel as far as the kingdom of Ayutthaya, where the court of Ayutthaya helps with all kinds of business, run by foreigners. I wish to establish a close relationship with the King of Denmark through Tenasserim, and we are ready to do everything to strengthen the relationship between our two nations”
This event marks the beginning of the good relationship between DENMARK & THAILAND.
In addition, we will be presenting a diploma to HAMs who have gathered two-way contacts and SWL reports with the two special event stations, OZ4ØØHS and HS4ØØOZ, as well as stations within the two countries, under the following criteria:
- Each contact with different radio amateurs in the two countries, on different bands and with different modes = 1 point
- Each contact with HS400OZ or OZ400HS, on different bands and with different modes = 10 points
- There must be a minimum of one contact with both an HS and an OZ station as well as with OZ400HS or HS400OZ Special Event Stations.
- Example: Contact with HS400OZ at 20m CW (10), with OZ1FJB at 20m SSB (1), with HS1FVL at 20m CW (1), as well as with OZ400HS at 40m CW (10) gives you 22 points.
The DENMARK & THAILAND diplomas are awarded as follows: BRONZE = 30 points, SILVER = 60 points, GOLD = 120 points. Special prizes will be given to the (1) Thai and Denmark station that gets the most points (2) radio amateur outside HS and OZ with the highest number of points. Please submit your log to our award manager: OZ4CG@live.dk
OZ4ØØHS logs will be uploaded to Club Log, LoTW and eQSL, and the QSL cards can be requested via OQRS. HS4ØØOZ logs will be uploaded to Club Log and LoTW, and QSL cards for all QSOs will be sent via Bureau. An online logbook for HS4ØØOZ can be checked at www.qrz.com/db/hs400oz
HS18IARU now active on all bands to promote upcoming IARU R3 conference
A special callsign, HS18IARU, issued by Thailand's National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) to promote the upcoming 18th IARU Region 3 Conference that will be hosted online by RAST in September, is now active on all amateur radio bands. The callsign will remain active until September 30, 2021.
The upcoming International Amateur Radio Union Region 3 Conference which will take place on September 20-23 will be the first virtual IARU conference and RAST will host the event online for the safety and convenience of all participants.
The virtual IARU Region 3 Conference will have a wide range of remote speakers and will be conducted under the leadership of RAST President Dr. Jack Hantongkom, HS1FVL who is also an IARU Region 3 director.
For stations that make contact with HS18IARU, QSL cards will be sent for all QSOs via Bureau and uploaded to LoTW and Club Log. Respondents living overseas should include funds to cover return postage for a direct card and QSL cards will be delivered in November 2021.
An online logbook can be checked at www.qrz.com/db/hs18iaru
RAST hopes that all members stay safe and remain in good health and that the society will be able to host another public meeting again soon once the pandemic has subsided.
For the 12th episode of RAST Talks, we welcomed Pol.Col. Sonthaya Phanthanyakij, HS6NDK (ex: XW1N), on August 2, 2021 for his talk titled “Police Communication Technology” which covered the use of HF, VHF and UHF bands in various modes including digital ones such as DMR, NXDN, IDAS and Trunk LTE.
RAST CW Challenge – Results for July 2021
RAST would like to congratulate the winner of RAST CW Challenge in the Novice category (at 5-8 WPM), Mr Suphon Thanathiwat, E25HWI who scored 154/160 in total. He will receive a RAST Limited Edition Begali Paddle Key from Italy.
A special endeavour award goes to Mrs. Kochawan Nakchum, E25KFR, who showed the biggest improvement during the competition. She will receive a Mini Paddle Key that has been handmade by Mr.Khunpong Sorsomboon, E20UXA in Thailand. <https://www.facebook.com/cwpaddle>
Report from Thailand backnumber
- December YOTA Month in Thailand
- CQ World Wide DX Contest from Thailand
- IARU R3 YOTA Camp Pattaya, Thailand
- Dxpeditions, US FCC Examination, CQ World Wide DX Contest 2023, etc.
- JA Hams visited E20AX Club Station
- JARL HAM FAIR 2023
- World Radiosport Team Championship WRTC 2022 (2023) Bologna, Italy, 4-11 July 2023
- Friedrichshafen Ham Radio Fair 2023
- Parks on the Air in Thailand
- RAST on The Beach 4
- Fred Laun K3ZO Silent Key (Part II) A great loss for amateur radio
- Fred Laun K3ZO Silent Key (Part I) A great loss for amateur radio
- HF Amateur Radio Seminars Hosted by RAST and NBTC BW/E25KAE, The First Thai HAM Operator in Taiwan
- CQ World-Wide DX Contest SSB & CW 2022 from Ban Ta Bong (The Center of the World)
- POTA Activations in Thailand by JJ1DQR,
Advanced Class Examination for Thai Amateur Radio Licenses
- HS3NBR/p Maeo Island IOTA AS-145,
16th – 19th September 2022
- JARL HAM FAIR 2022
- Inmemoriam to the former RAST President Mayuree Chotikul, HS1YL,
US FCC Amateur Radio License Examination in Thailand, etc.
- 45th International Amateur Radio Exhibition in Germany“HAM RADIO FRIEDRICHSHAFEN 2022”
- E20AX/P Mini-IOTA DXpedition to Samet Island (AS-107)
- Easing of Travel Restrictions for Visitors Entering Thailand,
Tribute to Franz Langner, DJ9ZB and Roger Western, G3SXW
- RAST held its General Annual Meeting, May you rest in peace JH1AJT and W7LR
- RAST Annual General Meeting, March 20, 2022
- The First Intermediate License Examination Since COVID-19 Outbreak
- E20AX/p IOTA DXpedition to Chang Island (AS-125)
- CQ World Wide DX Contest CW 2021 from Thailand
- CQ World Wide DX Contest SSB 2021 from Thailand
- The 18th IARU Region 3 Virtual Conference was a success
- Celebrating 400th anniversary of trade relationship between Denmark & Thailand, etc.
- E2HQ RAST Headquarter 2021, etc.
- RAST will host the IARU Region 3 Conference 2021 online in September, etc.
- RAST Talks, RAST CW Challenge Results
- RAST held AGM meeting and hosted New Year Party, NARIT Astro Fest 2021
- RAST CW Challenge
- KMUTNB and RAST welcome Minister of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation & other news.
- FCC Amateur Radio License Exam, RAST Donated a Tower to Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary,Installation of 2EL Quad at E24OYI
- RAST & G. SIMON BALLOON FESTIVAL 2020 "E2ICOM"
- RAST HF-101, November RAST meeting
- NBTC and RAST presented the callsign HS10A to His Majesty the King
- RAST hosts August meeting at an open-air restaurant
US FCC Amateur Radio License Examination at KMITL, Bangkok, Thailand
- E2HQ RAST-Headquarter, Spirit of the 2020 IARU HF World Championship
Installation of E24EZ, The first DMR Repeater in Thailand
- Global COVID-19 “STAYHOME” Radio Communication Event was a great success
- E2STAYHOME, RAST COVID-19 Special Event
E21EIC inducted into CQ Amateur Radio Hall of Fame
COVID-19 RADIO COMMUNICATION EVENT
- The E21EIC Station Antenna System Improved for Competition
- RAST Annual General Meeting
April RAST meeting cancelled, YOTA event is postponed
- RAST installs IGATEs to expand the APRS network in Thailand
- First US FCC Amateur Radio License Examination in 2020
- Thailand Amateur Radio Day 2019